21.4 C
New York
Thursday, May 21, 2026

Rolando Romero says he retired after being “evaded” by everyone


“I’m retired. I haven’t fought in a year, so I’m retired,” Rolando Romero told Source of Boxing.

“I’ve been dodged by almost everyone. It’s crazy.”

Romero then listed the fighters he says passed on to him.

“Devin, Conor Benn, Ryan, Pacquiao.”

The Conor Benn fight seems to be the one that still bothers him the most. Rolly claimed a deal had already been finalized for May 30 in New York before it fell apart.

“Because he got scared and ran away because he knows he’ll be knocked out cold. The thing is, he knows he sucks. I don’t have a problem. I like Conor, but the thing is, I hate it when people act like they’re about something, and then they’re not. But we did the whole deal.”

“We had the whole agreement concluded for May 30 in New York.”

Romero also took a shot at Ryan Garcia when asked about the possibility of fighting him again.

“When Ryan says something, you can never believe it.”

“Because that guy lies more than anyone.”

Broner has repeatedly told Romero he doesn’t believe the retirement talk, pointing to inactivity and boxing politics rather than a true retirement from the sport. This probably reflects how many fans will see this situation as well. Rolly spent the year looking for one big payday instead of using the belt to stay active, and now he’s low on leverage after sitting out 12 months.





Source link

Related Articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Latest Articles

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -