Andy Hiraoka is already calling for big fights despite the first loss of his professional career earlier this year.
The Japanese southpaw has now publicly targeted Shakur Stevenson, Teofimo Lopez, Rolly Romero and Conor Benn following his competitive loss to Gary Antuanne Russell in February, making it clear he still sees himself working near the top of the division.
“Everybody keeps asking me about my next fight. I want Shakur. I want Rolly. I want Benn. I want Teofimo. Who do they want me to fight next?” said Andy Hiraoka on X.
Hiraoka (24-1, 19 KOs), a hard-hitting Japanese southpaw, landed the heavier shots in stretches of his 12-round unanimous decision loss to Gary Antuanne Russell on February 21, 2026. The official scores of 117-110 and 116-111 felt like the fight came very close twice. strong in the second half.
Hiraoka also aims unusually high for a fighter coming off a loss. Most contenders in his position would be pushed to a rebuilding fight, but he is targeting some of the biggest names associated with the lightweight and junior welterweight divisions.
The 29-year-old repeatedly pushed Russell back during the championship rounds and earned the respect of many fans despite his first loss. Afterward, some online reactions even argued Hiraoka deserved the decision after his bodywork and pressure slowed Russell down late in the fight.
Hiraoka is also entering an uncertain stage in his career after reportedly parting ways with Hideyuki Ohashi and Ohashi Boxing Gym earlier this year following a long partnership in Japan.
Andy Hiroka with a message 👀
He says he wants Shakur, Teo, Rolly and Conor Benn.
Who would be a good match for Andy Hiroka? #Box pic.twitter.com/lintfbgiCi
— . (@LinneaDej_) May 18, 2026
Click here to subscribe to our FREE newsletter
Related Boxing News:
Last updated on 2026/05/18 at 18:54


