2.9 C
New York
Thursday, February 19, 2026

VR46 boss Niccolo Bulegan says ‘why not’ when asked about signing for 2027 MotoGP season



VR46 is expected to field a new line-up for the 2027 MotoGP season, and Niccolò Bulega will be hoping to secure his first full-time ride in the premier class under the new rules era.

After taking over from Michele Pirro as Marc Marquez’s replacement at the factory Ducati team in the final stages of the 2025 MotoGP season, Niccolò Bulega is tipped to join the Premier League in 2027..

The Italian rider is fulfilling his duties as a World Superbike rider. Ducati This year, and with a long-time rival Toprak Razgatlioglu Now a MotoGP rider, his path to a title in the production motorcycle racing category looks clear.

2027 might be the best time. open To make the switch. A new era of MotoGP regulations Considering that WSBK has used the Italian manufacturer since 2004, Pirelli brings the premier class as a new tire supplier that can play into Bulega’s hands.

Uccio Salucci VR46 sees no reason not to sign Nicolo Bulega for the 2027 MotoGP season

during the Interview with MotoGP content creator Nicolas Fontana at the Motosprint Golden Helmets Awards; VR46 Team leader Uccio Salucci Bulega was asked about the possibility of joining the team for 2027.

The Italian rider was previously the VR46 Riders’ Academy In the first years of his professional career, he is therefore a well-known figure in the group.

Asked if he was interested in signing the 26-year-old, Salucci said: “Niccolo is a rider we have known since he was a child, and this is the price.

“Now he fixed those things that didn’t work at the time, so why not?

“I repeat, there are many possibilities, maybe as I said before, for me my two riders are Franco and Fabio, and I want to go fast with them.”

Bringing the WSBK star to MotoGP is a development on what the Ducati CEO had previously said. Claudio Domenicali has previously highlighted how. Convincing Ducati satellite teams to sign Bullega ‘complicated’.

However, Salucci’s recent comments suggest that it may not be as complicated as the executive thought.

Toprak Razgatlioglu thinks Niccolò Bulega will grow in MotoGP

Bulega was involved in a fierce title battle with Razgatlioglu at last year’s World Superbike Championship, which ended with the Turkish rider taking his third title in the category.

MotoGP’s latest rookie is well aware of his former rival’s abilities Razgatlioglu even urged Ducati to bring Bulega to the premier class for next year’s term.

While there has been much discussion about the adaptation period required for WSBK riders to transition to prototype machinery, Razgatlioglu’s riding style is noteworthy ahead of his first tenure.

However, the 29-year-old believes The Bulega riding style is perfect for those looking for a MotoGP prototype.It shows he can thrive in the Premier League if he completes the transformation.



Source link

Related Articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Latest Articles

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -