13.5 C
New York
Saturday, May 23, 2026

Luigi D’Aligna confirmed that all but Francesco Bagnaia were left with a secret ‘professional decision’.


Add Google as a preferred source

Ducati boss Luigi Dalliegna has confirmed Francesco Bagnaia’s departure from the Italian manufacturer in a confidential statement.

The 2027 MotoGP rider market was in full swing before this year’s first production bike even hit the road, with multiple rider transfers a closely guarded secret in the premier class paddock.

Pedro Acosta is set to team up with Marc Marquez at the factory Ducati team next year, with Francesco Bagnaia expected to replace Bologna with Noale. According to reports, the two-time world champion has signed a four-year contract with the factory Aprilia outfit.

Is this Luigi Daleigna’s biggest hint that Francesco Bagnaia will leave Ducati at the end of 2026?

Luigi D'Alien standing in the Ducati garages at the 2025 Hungarian Grand Prix.
Photo by Qian Jun/MB Media/Getty Images

The reason for the lack of confirmation is the confirmation of confirmation by the groups and manufacturers until an agreement is reached regarding the negotiations on the new Concorde agreement.

However, Ducati general manager Luigi Daligna’s recent comments about the #63 all but confirmed his departure from the team.

The boss of Ducati has confirmed the departure of Francesco Bagnaia

During a sponsor event in Milan, Daliegna gave his thoughts on several past and present MotoGP riders, including Andrea Dovizioso, Jorge Lorenzo, Pedro Acosta and finally Bagnaia.

The 59-year-old began by mentioning the highly regarded Bagnaia highlight in his words about the current factory Ducati rider.

I shared the biggest moment of my MotoGP career with Peko, winning the 2022 World Championship. La Gazzetta dello Sport.

How is Francesco Bagnaia’s failure affecting the MotoGP legacy?

Ducati rider Francesco Bagnaia has withdrawn from the 2025 MotoGP Valencia Grand Prix after crashing out.
Photo by Alex Juarez/Anadolu via Getty Images

“It was an incredible moment of joy that drives me to this day and I thank him for that. It was fantastic.”

Dall’Igna has dropped the biggest hint yet that Bagnaia will not compete for the Bullets of Bologna in MotoGP’s new regime next year.

“But then again…in life a manager has to make professional decisions that he doesn’t make on a personal level,” he continued.

“Unfortunately, we are managers: the rider is a human being and must be respected, but there are 200 people working with me and I am responsible for 200 of them.

“So when decisions are made, it should be in the best interest of everyone, and these decisions are not always accepted. I have to think of the good of 200 people instead of individual interests, and sometimes the two things conflict with each other.”

Luigi D’Aligna has described Pedro Acosta as one of Ducati’s ‘most important’ rivals.

Commenting on Acosta, who is widely expected to fill Bagnayan’s vacancy at the factory outfit next year, Dali Igna said the young Spaniard has the potential to look like a champion from an early age.

While the 21-year-old last year did not hint at a possible move to Borgo Panigale, he said: “He is a rival… one of the most important rivals we have now.”

“You see the championships when you’re young, it’s emotional then, and when Pedro was in Moto3, he’s a guy who made a lot of people happy. And even now, I have to say, he’s doing fantastic things.”

Interestingly, Acosta himself hinted A future trip to Ducati Recently mentioned a possible future partnership with Marc Marquez.

The current KTM star has previously said it would be a ‘dream come true’ to share a garage with the seven-time world champion.





Source link

Related Articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Latest Articles

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -