-0.3 C
New York
Sunday, February 22, 2026

Carlo Pernat has described Jorge Lorenzo’s switch to Ducati as the start of a ‘upheaval’ in the MotoGP rider market.



The MotoGP rider market has been heating up for months, and renowned rider agent Carlo Pernat believes the new rush is the result of Jorge Lorenzo’s 2017 move to Ducati.

Following rumors over the winter break, Fabio Quatararo moved the equestrian market After it was announced that the former world champion is finalizing a deal to sign for Honda at the end of the upcoming 2026 season.

This was quickly followed George Martin has reportedly signed for Yamaha A number of other behind-the-scenes deals have been made to replace the departing Frenchman.

In the year With the 2027 deadline still more than 12 months away, many in the premier class paddock have made the call, including Aprilia boss Massimo Rivola. A football-style transfer window that applies during MotoGP.

Famous driver agent Carlo Pernat He agrees with the idea and draws attention to the movement George Lorenzo In 2017 as the main motivation why the market has moved so fast in recent years.

Carlo Pernat says Jorge Lorenzo’s 2017 switch to Ducati was the reason for the ‘upheaval’ in today’s rider market.

During the interview with Moto.itPernat was asked if MotoGP could implement a transfer window to stop premature deals being made.

The Italian replied: “Yes, and I said this last year: you can’t do business like this, you can’t start negotiations when you’re on the bike knowing you’re going.”

“It’s absolutely wrong, I totally agree, we need a specially designed window. I’ll set it up for July, two months, July and August.”

“It was like this: everyone went to Ace, team managers, sports directors, we talked and reached an agreement. It was not a war.

Pernat then gave his opinion on what the punishment should be for those who decide to violate the agreed window by identifying Lorenzo’s name. Ducati Movement is the origin of all.

He added: “Fixed penalties: one million euros, or half the salary, or disqualification from the Grand Prix. Something tangible.”

“They’ve made fools of themselves this year, go ahead and write ‘fools,’ because that’s the right word, I really hope they implement the window. It’s always going to be like this without him.”

“The origin of all this chaos, if you remember, was Lorenzo’s trip with Ducati, already in Qatar… from Yamaha to Ducati. That was the cause of the problem.”

Francesco Bagnaia seems to be the next rider to move in the MotoGP driver market

Among Pernat’s comments regarding the current state of the equestrian market, it appeared that Francesco Bagnaia is now close to the end of his contract He sees himself as an official Aprilia rider for 2027.

The two-time world champion is understood to have turned down a significant pay cut to stay with Ducati, opting to accept the bonus as he competes head-to-head with the Noale-based brand.

While nothing has been confirmed yet, it has previously been suggested that a third of the grid will make a decision in the coming week.



Source link

Related Articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Latest Articles

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -