2.1 C
New York
Friday, February 20, 2026

Prak Razgatlioglu said why Pramak asked him to ‘please brake a little earlier’.


Torak Razgatlioglu has asked Pramac for “time” to adapt its braking strategy to suit the 2026 Yamaha M1, which has so far struggled since its withdrawal from World Superbikes.

The 29-year-old has had a rough start to his new MotoGP career so far after signing a two-year factory contract. Yamaha Contract to join Pramak In the year 2026 Razgatlioglu It was a rude wake-up call due to the difficulty of adapting to the V4 M1 and the bike’s early lack of acceleration.

Yamaha boss Paolo Pavesio proposed this idea Razgatlioglu’s MotoGP “honeymoon is over” After hearing a Turkish rider’s unsavory insight into the M1’s internals. Razgatlioglu will have to adapt to a very different bike to the one he rides in WSBK.

Pramak ‘asked’ Torak Razgatlioglu to adjust his braking style to improve his cornering speed.

Braking on Yamaha’s V4-engined M1 is the main issue for Razgatlioglu to adapt to on his first MotoGP bike, even though he is a three-time World Superbike champion in the Prototype series. The native of Alanya cannot attack the late brake level like in WSBK.

Read more: Everything you need to know about Toprak Razgatlioglu from net worth to nickname

Pramac rider Torak Razgatlioglu on track during the 2026 MotoGP Sepang test
Photo by Hazreen Job Men Shah/Icon Sportswear via Getty Images

Pramak could see that Razgatlioglu is a demon on the brakes during his first tests in Valencia last November and February. But Razgatlioglu admitted that before the Buriram test he had asked Pramac to “please” the brakes earlier so he could carry more cornering speed.

Razgatlioglu said, through quotes Fast week: “The team always says I’m braking too hard. Please brake a little earlier and just focus on corner speed and corner exit. That’s easier said than done.”

“It’s not easy for me to change my style, but I’m working on it. I’m open to learning, and I know I have to change my style. But I need time for this.”

Toprak Razgatlioglu will return to the ‘lower’ handle for the 2026 MotoGP Buriram test

Yamaha and Pramac are working to help Razgatlioglu adapt to his first MotoGP bike, but not all solutions have yielded results. Yamaha made a new handle after the winter break Razgatlioglu identified the riding position as a “big difference” in MotoGP. From WSBK.

But the The World Superbike-style handle that Razgatlioglu used in Sepang It failed to help, as the high bar – unlike the other M1s on test – charged it into corners. Now, Razgatlioglu has admitted he will return to the same set-up used by Valencia in the Buriram test this week.

Razgatlioglu added: “We haven’t improved anything in the last few days. I flew home and now I’m fresher for the two-day test. I hope we can continue to improve as we know which way is best.”

“I’ll go back to my old setup (with the lower handlebars) combined with the lower seat. I’ll try the Valencia style, with the higher handlebars, I lose a lot. The lower handlebars might be a little better. I’m trying to get used to and understand the bike better.”



Source link

Related Articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Latest Articles

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -