Barrios made it clear he is aware of how the promotion went, but doesn’t see it as relevant once the fight starts.
“A lot of the things that are part of this promotion felt like it was a very Ryan Garcia-type event,” Barrios said during a press conference at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. “None of that bothered me. I know I’m the champion for a reason.”
Garcia remains one of boxing’s most recognizable names and has continued to receive top billing throughout the build-up, reflecting his commercial profile and longstanding visibility with fans. Barrios, who won the WBC welterweight title and now enters his first defense against Garcia, took a quieter approach, focusing on preparation rather than getting involved in the promotional narrative.
Barrios said his focus remains on execution rather than perception, pointing to the work completed during training camp as the only factor he can control heading into fight night. He credited his preparation and adjustments made with coach Joe Goosen, who joined his team before the title defense.
“The majority of the work is definitely just fine-tuning everything, offense, defense,” Barrios said. “Things that I felt like I missed in my last few shows. We got a lot of work in the gym, a lot of rounds, just fine tuning everything. I’m very happy with the way things went during this camp.”
Garcia enters the fight trying to secure his first welterweight title after moving up from lower divisions earlier in his career. His return to working with his father, Henry Garcia, was also a focal point during the build-up, intensifying the attention surrounding his pursuit of a championship.
Barrios said none of the outside attention has changed his approach or confidence in front of the defense.
“Every time I get in there, I leave it all in there,” Barrios said. “That’s exactly what I’m looking forward to this Saturday.”
Barrios will defend his WBC welterweight title against Garcia at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, with the fight scheduled to stream live on DAZN.



